Sunday, February 9, 2014

Continuation

The second half of 2013 was insanely busy as well.  I'll continue with my timeline started in my last post.

July 2013 was a blur.  Gardening was in full force, and we had a wedding to be involved in.  Lindsey and Andrew were married in a beautiful celebration of love.  Visitors came and went and a lot of fun was had by all.

We had a houseful for the 4th of July weekend.  Felix brought his family over to come visit and to attend his first fire pit experience.


He got to meet his Auntie Pat ...

and Auntie Susan. 
Auntie Katie was with us as well but I neglected to get a picture of Felix snuggling up to her.

We had an abundance of sweet cherries and sweet onions this year so I had to get creative on how to use them up. 
I made Sweet Onion Relish and Pickled Sweet Cherries.  The cherries were eaten within months.  This year I'll need to double what I put up.


I also dried my lavender in July so we would have this beautiful herb to use in cooking.  It adds a beautiful flavor to pork and beef. 

At the end of the month we had the WEDDING.  Andrew and Lindsey are now a married couple and a good time was had by all.

Frank, Mom, John, and Baby Felix

Uncle Frank with Baby Felix

Miranda and John 

Finnan wondering how long he really needs to wear the tie.

Me with the beautiful bride Lindsey. 

 

The Johnston and Rambin clans (sans Rachel - Rachel where were you?)
 
August 2013 was a month of harvests and "putting up" food. 
 
Greens beans and peach salsa
Carrots for Finnan


The harvesting of Copra and Red Zeppelin Onions
 
We started our work on Operation Holiday Stockings earlier in 2013 so we wouldn't have to be doing everything in the last three months.
 
 
At the end of August we went over to John and Miranda's so Grandpa could help John build a sandbox for Finnan ...

 
and Grandma could be in heaven holding a baby boy.
September we stuffed and started packing up stockings for Operation Holiday Stockings, with Edgar's help of course.


In October I had to go over to get a grandson fix so we went over to visit John's family.  I just love this picture I managed to get of David, John and Felix, three generations of Rambins.
October found David and me getting on a jet plan for Shreveport, Louisiana for David's 50th high school reunion.  We stayed with long time friends Frank and Susan.  I was definitely the youngest attendee but felt very welcomed by everyone.   
David trying to remember the combination to his old locker

David, Frank and Susan

David and his cousin Kathy.
 
From Shreveport we flew to New Orleans.  Mind you this was my first trip to the state of Louisiana so it was a real adventure for me experiencing the heat and humidity. 

We discovered Felix has a restaurant in New Orleans.

Had to have a Hurricane at Pat O'Brien's.

Jazz club on Bourbon Street.


Too good to describe. 
 
 On Halloween morning we left New Orleans and ended up in Marysville to attend John and Miranda's wedding. 
 
November meant being in full swing for Operation Holiday Stockings. 



In December we welcomed another baby.  Riley David Rambin was born in the middle of the month with tons of dark hair to Frank and Rachel.  What a dear blessing for Christmas.  Yes, that's a blanket Grandma knit for Riley.  He is covered with a lot of love and lots of stitches of prayer. 

Starting in August I started knitting Christmas stockings for John and Frank and their families.  I knit seven total and loved every minute of it.  Here are the Stockings I did for Frank, Rachel and Riley. 
 Susan and I attended the Winter Gala Gift Show in Sequim again this year, and had a booth of our own.
The weekend before Christmas John and family came up to celebrate the holiday with us. It is so sweet to celebrate Christmas with small children again.
It was wonderful spending time with Finnan and Felix.  I cherish this picture with Felix.  Babies are such a gift.
 
Grandpa and Grandma gave Felix his first car and it appears he loves it.


 


 
We finished off 2013 traveling to Portland to meet Riley and visit with Frank and Rachel.  What a precious little doll Riley is. 
Riley looks so tiny on Frank's shoulder.

Three generations of Rambin men again.  Frank, David and Riley.
Little Riley trying to figure out why Grandpa is making such funny noises. 
 
 
Well, that was 2013 in two posts.  Am I blessed, or what.  I'm blessed. 
 
TTFN
 
Sue
 



No comments:

Post a Comment