Monday, July 23, 2012

Hiatus


I know I've been absent for a long while.  Life got complicated and out of sorts.  I don't have any thing witty to say tonight, or fun, just the plain facts of what's been going on. 

First of all, let me start out by saying everyone at Edgar's Acres is fine.  David is loving retirement and is staying out of trouble being a Master Gardener.  Edgar has retired along with David. 


Louie and Johnny are living a dog's life, and Abby the Alpha Cat is having a second childhood chasing dogs, watching birds and sleeping anywhere she wants. 

I continue to work in Seattle for three days each week.  I telecommute on Mondays so bright and early on Tuesday morning I head over to Bainbridge Island to catch the ferry to work.  After work I take the ferry back and head to the apartment I'm sharing with Susan.  Thursday after work I head back to Edgar's Acres and live the good life with David and the dogs and Abby. 

Yes, life overall is beautiful.  Except for Hidradenitis suppurativa.  HS is a hideous skin disease I have lived with for over 40 years.  In the last several years it has escalated to a level III, and has been hell.  For the past six months I have been very sick and in extreme pain so have stayed away from posting anything.  I didn't want to gross everyone out or turn my blog into a forum for self pity. 

I am more fortunate than many of those who suffer with this crap.  I have a dear and understanding husband, wonderful family and close friends, all of whom are very supportive.  All of these wonderful people have been here for me, making me laugh and helping to keep things in perspective.  It means so much to me.

I am sure you are wondering why I am now posting.  Well, many prayers have been answered and I have been able to find an amazing team of physicians who know what this disease is, and are prepared to help me deal with it.  I am now feeling better physically and emotionally, and feel like there is an end to this dark tunnel.  I am currently working with this team of physicians so I can have surgery to remove as much of the HS as possible.  It won't be immediately, and it will be a nightmare surgery to go through, but the other options aren't real favorable. 


Besides prayers, family and good friends, knitting has been a refuge for me.  I've knit 42 OHS stockings, two baby sweaters, three baby blankets, numerous doggy and kitty blankies, one scarf, one shawl, and two sweaters for American Dolls.  Knitting is something to focus on when the pain gets too bad.  Knitting is something to occupy myself when I just don't have the energy to be nice.  Knitting is also a creative outlet for me to express some beauty when I feel like I look like crap.  Knitting is dear friend. 

To all of my faithful readers, thank you for letting me share this with you.  It's good to be back.  I had forgotten how much I love to write and this feels right.

TTFN

Sue

3 comments:

  1. Love you, Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are on the right track. I with you 1000%. Love David

      Delete
  2. You continue to amaze and inspire me every day! It is a privilege working with you and calling you friend! Though your journey may seem dark at times, your illuminating spirit is shining through crystal clear! Thank you for always encouraging me in my struggles and for inspiring me to keep on going, too. Love you, Sue! - from Sandra

    ReplyDelete