Monday, April 30, 2007

Down to Business







This past weekend we delivered our little foster fluff to her new foster mom, Cindy. Our foster fluff is named Muneca (Moon-yekka) and means "little doll" in Spanish. She came up from Mexico, through Vancouver, B.C. to be fostered, and then adopted to a new family. Muneca is tiny. She weighs 7 pounds and is so timid. This little girl is going to take a lot of time learning that humans can be trusted and can give love. She is in good hands with Cindy.




So what does this have to do with knitting? Well, Muneca needs a blanket, so it was suggested to me to knit a serape for her. I pulled out the old serape my brother gave me back in 1966 (old, both brother and serape), and pulled out all of stash to find the yarn. Here is the start of the knitted serape. I'm using Encore in all the different colors I could find. Should be fun.


Here's to little Muneca. You will have a wonderful life little girl, where you are cherished and loved, secure and protected.


Well, it's off to go knit with two bichons in my lap.


Baby Boomer Sue






No comments:

Post a Comment