Monday, February 4, 2008

The Dead Brain is Functioning Again!

I got a great email from Frank. It is "your blog is getting pretty boring....You need to post more often..." Well, couldn't agree with him more. The only excuse has been a fried brain when I get home from work each night.

Whenever our client X emails and asks if we can jump through four hoops before 5:00 pm, we of course say yes, and with a smile. Of course, with client X it's easy to have a smile because they are a great client to work with (fortunately). When you have four client X's, and they all want you to jump through three, four, five, and yes, even six hoops before the end of the day, the brain is totally FRIED by 6:00 p.m. There were several days I worked 12 hours days, and you know what, at my age, that is getting to be a bit much. I could do it without any problem in my 20's, but trying to keep up that pace in my 50's is nuts.



David and I went over to Sequim over the weekend and I feel recharged. Finally got some sleep. It was quiet, and relaxing, and the only thing I had to make sure of was to check to see if Johnny had on his belly band when he came back into the house.


Tonight David and I are going out to dinner to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Can you believe it? 30 years with the same wonderful man. I look at David and think how lucky I am and how much I love him. He is my best friend and soul mate. He is also the best dad in the world. We have so much fun together, and I can't imagine what the past 30 years would have been like without him in my life. I love you David, and look forward to 30 more years.


Well Frank, you said the blog was getting boring, and I said I agreed. I did find something interesting, however. I doubt if you will remember these dolls, but many of us will.

Thees dolls, in particular the blond dolls, remind me of the kids from the movie Village of the Damned. It's the eyes. The sweater is called the Loopy Cabbage Patch Doll Sweater, and it is cute, for a Cabbage Patch Doll. The website is all about Cabbage Patch Dolls and really is quite nice if you are into these dolls. My niece Casey was nuts over these dolls, and yes, Aunt Sue did knit sweaters for her dolls, and it was fun. After ten sweaters, however, I said enough was enough and told Casey she needed to start collecting spoons or stamps. I wonder if she still has all of those dolls.

Okay Frank, find me a topic to ponder. Or maybe, you could even do a "guest blog" on knitting for us. Thanks for the email, it needed the wake up call.

Off to dinner.

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment