Thursday, February 14, 2008

Off to Madrona!

It's really early on Thursday, and I'm finishing up my packing for the Madrona Fiber Arts Retreat. Susan and I will be heading out at 7:00 a.m. I am really looking forward to this.


Today I will be taking Pat Brunner's Class "Make it Fit" and I am ready for this. Pat is a class act and her knitted garments look beautiful on her. She is also an ample size woman so she gets what it's like to knit up a garment in a plus size. I am looking for answers and guidance.


Stephanie Pearl-McPhee has been commenting in her blog The Yarnharlot how she is looking forward to the "warm" weather in Tacoma at the Retreat. She also made the comment that she probably would bring the Arctic air with her since she didn't get her sweater finished. Well, Stephanie, this morning we had frost for the first time in several weeks. At least it is dry, and you will see some blue sky.


I made a very profound discovery this week. Socks you knit during the summer months will be too big for you in the winter months. Why? Generally your feet are larger in summer because of water retention, especially as you get older. I've been trying to figure out why my socks seem too large this winter, then it dawned on me I generally knit them in the summer because they are small and easy to deal with when it gets too hot to knit.


You may not hear from me over the weekend. My computer will not be going with me. It is going to go visit the Geek Squad at Best Buy to get a new video card. I spoke with Jeff at work yesterday (he's one of the senior analyists) and that's is his prognosis.


Well, off to finish packing. Happy Valentine's to all of you.


TTFN

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment