Monday, May 31, 2010

Reflection

As I sit on the deck on this Memorial Day it is appropriate that I see an American Bald Eagle soaring overhead. Our symbol of freedom. I love living in this country, and love the freedom I have as an American citizen. There are times I take it for granted that I can do, say and act anyway I want because of the democracy that our country is based on.


We all know this freedom came with a price. The price of the blood of the military men and women who have taken up arms to win, gain and protect our freedom. Today is the day to reflect on the sacrifices these soldiers have made for us and the generations before us.


My ancestors have taken up arms since the Revolutionary War, and have continued to be willing to protect this country. We have lost loved ones, and have embraced the ones who come home to us. Whatever the war, we have supported our soldiers and have shone pride in who they are.


Pause for a moment and think about the rights and privileges you have, and how we have managed to keep them.


TTFN

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment