Sunday, April 3, 2011

Showers, Gardens and Blankies

The past three weeks have been busy and full of good times.  We've planted onions, attended Rachel's bridal shower, and I've been knitting doggie blankets.  Throughout all of this fun activity I had to get sick and put up with seasonal allergies.  Fun times.


During the weekend of the last full moon, we planted six types of onions, Walla Walla, Cobra, Red Torpedo, Leeks, Chippolini, and Red Zeppelen.  Yum. 

Last weekend, Susan, Pat and I got on a train to Portland to attend Rachel's bridal shower.  What a great time.  Of course, the minute I stepped off of the train I started sneezing.  It wasn't too bad, lots of facial tissue and Benedryl and I managed.  Friday, after we had dinner, we caught up with Frank at the Rouge Brewery to "test" beers.  We ended up trying 12 different types.  The most interesting was the fig beer.  The worse was the "dark & scary."  My personal favorite was the chocolate beer.  Not sure what Pat's personal favorite was.


The next day Susan and I spent the morning at the Lancome Counter in Nordstrom getting all dolled up and had a blast.  Thanks to Sandie, et al. for helping me deal with old skin and an updated look. We caught up with Pat, and then on to the Bridal Shower. 


We had such a good time and it was such a pleasure to meet Rachel's mom Leslea, and the rest of her family and friends. 

Doesn't Leslea look just like Rachel?  Beautiful Ladies.

What a lovely group of women.


On date night this past week we celebrated the marriage of two wonderful friends, Cindy & Steve.  What a great couple they are and what dear friends.  Congratulations you two.

In the meantime, I am still collecting stockings for Operation Holiday Stockings.  This beautiful group is from Betty from the knitting guild.  Love the colors.
I also collected some leftover and cast off yarn for the doggie blankets.  This should keep be in yarn for a while anyway.

I've done ten so far and continue to do fancy knitting here.  As you can see, the blankets continue to receive doggie approval.


These blankets continue to be fun to do.  I'm not sure why, but mindless knitting seems to be my thing right now and I'm not fighting it.  Maybe my brain is just tired and looking forward to the sabbatical planned for this summer. 

Well, on to plant potatoes in the sunshine.

TTFN

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment