Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Happy 85th Mom!

Yesterday was Mom's 85th birthday. Happy birthday Mom. It's hard to believe you are 85 and I'm 56, but we both are older, and maybe a little wiser.

I'm sorry I couldn't be with you this past weekend to celebrate your birthday, but duty calls and David worked all weekend. We did have fun the previous weekend though, didn't we? Louie was in prime form and loved sitting in your lap. I know you miss him more than anything and that you love him so very, very much. He misses you too! He is in good hands with us, though, and we love him too. It's cute, whenever we tell him we are going to go visit Grandma, he tilts his little head and lifts his ears, like "really?" He loves visiting with you.

I know you and I have had our many differences, and you have always known which buttons to push to get me going, but I love you all the same. I've spent 56 years trying to find which buttons to push on you, but you still have me beat on that. Mother and daughter relationships can't truly be explained, can they?

I miss you and wish we were closer, but we do have our Sunday evening chats on the phone, at least we have that.

Hope your birthday was fun with the company that came to see you. I thought of you all day.

Love you Mom.


Sue


No comments:

Post a Comment