Monday, June 11, 2007

Thank you Erin!

Erin, thanks for helping me get back me. Last year was dreadful not being able to garden. With your help. guidance, patience, and most of all encouragement, I am back in my garden, where I find balance and peace.
One of my favorite activities is gardening. It is an integral part of who I am. It is where God and I meet and have our one on one conversations. If I can't get my hands dirty digging in the dirt, I'm not happy.
When I had my accident and sustained the neck injury, I couldn't garden. Last year I was miserable looking at my yard and knowing it was missing me and the love and attention it deserved. I was only able to do a minimal amount of gardening in the veggie patch, and tend to a few flowers. And that was in the Sequim garden where the ground is level. Our garden in Bellevue is on a slope, with just a small flat portion at the bottom of the hill. I couldn't do much and both the yard and I suffered for it.
When I started physical therapy, my physical therapist asked what I wanted to be able to do again. Knitting and gardening. Erin is the best, she listened to what I said, and worked with me, and helped me get back into the dirt (and of course, back to knitting). I want Erin to see what I have been doing at least four days a week instead of coming into the gym to work out. I have my own stairclimber, weights to lift, and walking, lots and lots of walking, up and down stairs.

Erin, again thanks for helping me get back a big part of me.

Next chapter, this ...

This poor bed is a sorry, sorry mess.
Baby Boomer Sue

1 comment:

  1. Sue- Your garden looks great, I'm glad that you are able to get back to a place of peace. It was my pleasure to work with you last year.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete