Sunday, October 21, 2007

Knitting, Tomatoes and Wedding Shoes

Things are better.

I'm back to knitting, albeit, I'm finishing up projects because I don't seem to be able to focus on starting on a new project. However, finishing up projects is a good thing, and having the frame of mind to concentrate on finishing up is a rarity for a knitter.

I finished up two baby sweaters for Aimee to give as baby gifts. They came out so cute.




I finished my first Baby Surprise Jacket and I love the way it came out. It was too fun. It went from this ...

to this.

Still needs to be washed and blocked, and buttons sewn on. I'm also thinking of adding a collar. I have a very special little girl in mind for this sweater.

I finished a shawl I started in February as a gift. I just have to order the knitting wires and get it blocked before sending it off in the mail. No picture yet, I don't want to spoil the surprise. All I can say at this time is the gift is to say thanks.

Next socks as another gift for Christmas. The first one is almost done.

And TOMATOES...

Remember how I was bemoaning the fact that all of my tomatoes on the vines were green? Look at this ...


Last month I picked most of the green tomatoes and have been letting them ripen in brown paper bags at home.


I now have ripe tomatoes. I've been giving them away, we've been eating them in every meal, and now I'm making tomato sauce by the gallons. So far I have put up 25 pints and still have about 75 lbs of ripening tomatoes to do. LOVE IT!

And ... I got the wedding shoes done for Kari. She and Mike are getting married today and I did Kari's shoes. I've known Kari for close to 20 years. I've watched her grow up and now she's getting married. Each stitch that I put into these shoes contains a prayer for Kari and Mike, for their new journey together as a married couple.


I just have to remember to take my camera to take a picture of Kari's mom in a dress!


Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment