Thursday, October 25, 2007

Learning Something New

Well, the tomatoes are done (for now). I know, I know, I was going to have Chapter Two of making tomato sauce. Chapter Two got done, but Sue here forgot to take pictures. Don't worry, I'll be making more next week when the next batch of green tomatoes are RED. I'll post Chapter Two of the tutorial.


In the meantime, I made great process on my sock while processing the tomato sauce, which in case you hadn't noticed, is a NEW PROJECT. I need more socks. It's going to be cold and my feet want nice warmth, and comfort, which is what knit socks provide. This pair of socks, however, are going to have a different heel. I'm learning how to do a "strong heel sock."
This is one of my socks I knit last year. It has the standard heel flap.
The heel flap is on the left of the sock.

On this sock, I'll be adding two extra stitches on the backside of the sock with every other round until I have double the number (in my case 70 stitches since I cast on 72). I'll have more pictures in the next few days. Hopefully I'll remember to take my camera to Sequim with me.



You've got to see this...


See A.J. on the right? He is staring at Abby in the chair. This picture was taken about 7:15.



Here's A.J. at 8:30, still staring at the cat. He hasn't moved! This poor dog is obsessed with Abby. I love the look on her face ("enough already").



Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment