Saturday, December 15, 2007

A New Yarn

While reading some comments on another blog I came across the comment about A New Yarn, a non-profit store to benefit Northwest Family Life. What a wonderful idea. I've been communicating with Claudia, the director of A New Yarn, and Susan, Cynthia and I will be visiting the store after the holidays. I'll be sure to report more. In the meantime, if you live in the Seattle area, check out A New Yarn. I'd love to read your comments if you do.

Okay, so where did the year go? I have always been told that the older you get the faster time goes. Okay, I believe it now. It seems like we just celebrated my birthday back in April. Today is the 15th of December and the tree isn't up yet. Of course I have had a good excuse. For several weeks now my house has looked like this:

And this

And this

But it has been well worth it! We sent out a total of 18 boxes to soldiers in Iraq, Afghanistan and in the Caribbean. It's been fun, and a lot of love from a lot of people has gone into this project.

A couple of weeks ago I made the comment to David that I felt the spirit of this project was lacking this year. It finally dawned on me what the problem was. Mom loved this project. Each year I would give weekly reports and send pictures and tell her about each stocking that we received. She was so interested and so proud. I know she has been watching again this year, but I miss telling her about all of this and her wanting to know each little detail.

Well, I love spur of the moment plans. Susan needs size 6 lace needles for her lace project, so we are meeting up with Cynthia for a knitting adventure this afternoon. Good thing I got up at 5:00 this morning to finish the final details of OHS 2007, and to do the Christmas cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment