Monday, November 3, 2008

Yarn, Yarn and More Yarn

Last week I picked up a donation of yarn for Operation Holiday Stockings. Kona Bay Knitting in Seattle sent us over 100 skeins of yarn of all types and colors. In looking over their website, it looks like they sent packages of all of their yarns. A big Thank You Kona Bay.

I've already knit some stockings with the Cuddly yarn. It looks like I will be able to get four stockings per skein.
They came out really nice. They are a little smaller because the yarn is a light worsted weight, but I liked knitting with the yarn. I used size 7 needles.
Elaine, our crocheter extraordinaire, is in need of yarn. Elaine, here you go.

I think this will keep your crochet hook busy for a while. Let me know if you need more.

Many kind people have donated yarn in the last few years. We were beginning to run low so the new donation from Kona Bay will help out a lot.


I heard from the Family Coordinator at Fort Lewis today and we have two units in Iraq to which we will send stockings. This brings our current total of soldiers up to 675.

The next two weeks are going to be busy. We have 164 stockings on the dining room table, with at least 100 more coming in this week. We have collected $270 in postage donations, and lots of stocking stuffers.

According to the post office we need to have all of the boxes in the mail by December 5th.

Well, back to the knitting needles.

TTFN

Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment