Tuesday, November 27, 2007

We're up to 718 Stockings

Look at these. These stockings and cards are from a local Girl Scout Troop. The cards are very dear and the stockings beautiful. The girls decorated the felt stockings with glitter and gems. These are very precious to the soldiers.Peg has been busy crocheting again this year and sent in this beautiful bunch of stockings. Peg, how long have you been crocheting up stockings for this year, anyway?
Arlayne sewed these beautiful stockings for our soldiers. Look at the beautiful fabrics she used.
La Shona crocheted these lovely stockings. We will have to make sure the one of these stockings is in the box we are sending to her uncle.
Emily learned to crochet last year doing stockings for us. She is still crocheting and has done these beautiful stockings.
As I said, that brings the total up to 718 stockings, and we have seven soldiers we will be sending stockings to. We have plenty so if you know of someone who would like to receive stockings of love and support, please let me know.

On another note, doesn't Edgar look comfy?

Here's the Teddy Bear Blanket I've been working on. I'm in the middle of the last repeat. It's funny how I can't see the bears while working on it, but once I layed it out on the ottoman, I could see them clearly. As I mentioned before, this is knit with two strands of worsted yarn, and I think it may be a bit heavy for a baby. However, it will be a great blankie for a toddler to drag around. I may try using a single strand of yarn next time, which will mean more repeats of these darling bears.
Well, it was a grueling day at work today so I'm off to join David and the doggies in the living room, and have a glass of wine while dinner cooks.
Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment